We are excited to announce that we now have a new Beta version of OroCommerce available. The new Beta 5 version includes the following features and enhancements
- Workflows can now be fully translated, including workflow step and transition names, form attribute labels and messages.
- Built-in translation management UI allows you to use your own translation packages and allows you to customize translations locally in your system.
- Automated workflow transition triggering allows for setting up automatic transitioning using both time-based and event-based scheduling.
- The new catalog search functionality is now available on the store front-end. The search engine takes into account all product catalog settings, including customized category and product visibility, custom pricing, and multi-language localizations. It also supports content personalization on multiple websites in OroCommerce Enterprise Edition.
- Additionally, OroCommerce Enterprise Edition users may enjoy enhanced quality of the search results, performance and scalability of the search indexing and querying via integration with the new message queue backend (RabbitMQ) and the search index engine powered by ElasticSearch.
Shipping & Order Management:
- Shipping rule conditions were extended to allow for creation of shipping rules using deep line item inspections (based on whether all or some line items satisfy certain conditions).
- Back-office users can now modify shipping method selections in sales orders.
- Numerous improvements have been made to the shipping integrations module (e.g. weight unit conversions, caching of shipping calculation results, option translations, etc.)
- Major improvements (including caching, pipelining rendering of multiple page parts, subtree rendering and working with data) were done to the layout engine.
- We also started adaptation of the default store frontend theme to mobile device requirements (work in progress).
- New improved menu management UI allows for customization of the main navigation menus for individual users, organizations (enterprise edition) or globally.
- Performance improvements in data grids that use advanced security or operation/action configurations.
- Improved logging module that allows for more flexibility in debugging production environments.
- New console commands to export and update workflow configuration via YAML files.
- More store frontend theme pages have been made available in the blank theme.
We have also included a few dozen of small bug fixes and miscellaneous improvements into this release.
Please follow these instructions to install the application or try the OroCommerce public demo.
Please note, that if you are upgrading from Beta 4 (or earlier releases) you have to run
php app/console oro:platform:upgrade20 command instead of the usual
oro:platform:update, as some additional upgrade actions need to be performed this time.
As always, we would love to get feedback along the way through either GitHub, email, or the OroCommerce forum.
Join our community and become a part of the B2B e-Commerce revolution!