ssossossosso

Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, B2B eCommerce trends, community updates and company announcements.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zboldizsar 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

jorrit.vandenbroeck
    Participant

Hello,

Here is my basic information:

1. Application related information:

Application Type: OroCommerce
    Application Version: 1.1.1
    Application Edition: Community

2. Environment related information:

OS, name and version: Ubuntu 16.04.1
    Web server, name and version: Nginx 1.10.3
    Database, name and version: MySQL, 5.7.19
    PHP, version: 7.0.18

I’m trying to configure ORO to send mails using the standard Gmail SMTP settings as found on:

https://support.google.com/mail/forum/AAAAK7un8RUnrlWDv9WWDI?hl=en

When I enter the SMTP settings in System/Configuration/Email configuration/SMTP settings and click on the “Check SMTP Connection” button I get reply “Connection established succesfully”.

SMTP Connection confirmed

Next I save the settings. I notice that after saving the settings the password box is not filled anymore but I’m assuming this is a security feature? Then to test if mailing is working correctly I log out and go to the “Forgot password” link and request a new password. When entering my email I get the reply “A email has been send to…”

Mail send

But the mail never arrives.

I checked the outgoing ports on the server hosting OROCommerce and they appropriate ports are open. The used Gmail account is not blocking traffic from the server.

Am I overlooking a setting? How can I get OROCommerce to send mails?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

zboldizsar
    Participant

Hi jorrit.vandenbroeck,

Thank you for your question, we will investigate this, until then can you please put these settings in app/config/parameters.yml instead? You can follow the official symfony documentation for this from here

You can more easily test it for example from admin/customer/user/view/{some_existing_user_id}, clicking on More Actions -> Send Email. Here you will get instant feedback if the email configuration is not correct.

zboldizsar
    Participant

Internal ID: BAP-15487

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.