ssossossosso

Forums

Covering OroCommerce topics, B2B eCommerce trends, community updates and company announcements.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mbc 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

nbraithers
    Participant

Hi,

I want to add a “manufacturer” entity to the existing product entity. My idea is to allow the product form to have a drop-down list that contains all of the manufacturers contained within the new custom entity. The first problem that I had was that the schema would not update, but for those that have a similar issue, I carried out the following commands which solved the problem:

php app/console oro:entity-extend:cache:clear
    php app/console oro:entity-extend:update-config
    php app/console oro:entity-extend:update-schema

The entities then changed from needing update to being active. However when I create a new field in the Products table and select a many-to-one field type, the new custom entity that I have created is not listed.

Can you point me in the right direction as to what I am doing wrong, or whether this type of customisation is not possible.

My other question is how would I go about adding the custom entity to the admin area so that it can allow data entry?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

mbc
    Participant

Hi Nick. I’m looking for the exact same solution. I was wondering if you made any progress on the issue?

Best Regards
    Mads

nbraithers
    Participant

Hi Mads,

I haven’t made any progress unfortunately. I think it should be out-of-the-box functionality really, as being able to search by manufacturer is available on a lot of retail sites.

If someone from OroCommerce can chip in with any advice I’d really appreciate it.

Nick

mfejczaruk
    Participant

Hello,
    Do you create a regular symfony2 entity, or extended entity? If it’s regular entity then it’s impossible to create many-to-one relation due to technical limitation (there is no way to create new field in regular entity). Create extended entity
    > https://github.com/orocrm/platform/tree/master/src/Oro/Bundle/EntityExtendBundle

mbc
    Participant

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late reply. I agree with you, that it should be included in orocommerce, but I’m wondering if could be possible to do a workaround and treat the manufacturers as customers as the built in customer management seems pretty feature rich.

Mads

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.