Oro application supports two types of integrations:
Integrations that are configured on the system level and share the same configuration for all organizations in an Oro instance. These integrations (or any combination of them) can be enabled/disabled and configured in the System > Configuration > Integration.
- Pre-implemented Google single sign-on functionality: Allows users to log in to Oro with their organization Google Apps for Work, Education or Government account, or their personal Google account if their Google account email address and Oro primary email address are the same.
- Pre-implemented Integration with Microsoft Exchange server: Allows Oro users to access contents of their mailboxes on the server directly in the Oro UI. (Available for enterprise edition only).
- Pre-implemented Integration with Microsoft Outlook: Allows automatic bi-directional synchronization of the Oro contacts, tasks and calendar events that are available to the users with their Microsoft Outlook applications. (Available for enterprise edition only).
Integrations that are configured at the organization level. These integrations allow for adjustment of third-party system integration parameters (e.g. credentials, account IDs, synchronizations settings, etc.) for different organizations.
Along with pre-implemented integration capabilities, Oro can also be integrated with other third-party systems.
- Google Integration Settings
- Google Single Sign-On
- LDAP Integration
- Configure MailChimp Integration
- dotmailer Integration
- dotmailer Synchronization Settings
- Configure dotmailer Integration
- Configure Single Sign-on
- MS Exchange Settings
- Integration with Microsoft Exchange Server
- MS Outlook Integration Settings
- Synchronization with Outlook
- Embedded Forms
- Voice and Video Calls via Hangouts
- Integration with Zendesk
- CRM and Commerce Integration