System Mailbox Settings¶
Configuration of system mailboxes¶
To create a system mailbox to process business information requests:
- Navigate to System in the main menu, click Configuration.
- Next, click Email Configuration on the left in the General Setup menu.
- At the bottom of the page, you will see a section where you can create and configure a system mailbox.
- Click Add Mailbox in the bottom right corner, as shown below:
The General section defines the basic settings of the mailbox created:
- Define a name of your Mailbox in the Mailbox Label field.
- Type in your email address.
In the Synchronization section, configure your IMAP/SMTP connection:
- Select your Account type. If the value in the field is changed, a new mailbox will be registered and data from the previous mailbox will be lost.
- Enable IMAP and SMTP and enter configuration details for connecting to IMAP and SMTP server for the mailbox. This includes host, port, and encryption.
- Specify the login username and password for this mailbox.
- Once the credentials and configuration fields are filled in, click the Check Connection/Retrieve Folders button. After successful connection, a list of available folders will be displayed.
- Check the Folders to be synchronized.
In the Email Processing section you can choose what actions will be performed with all the emails received in the mailbox.
Out of the box three different actions are available.
This functionality can be expanded through customization to match your business’s unique requirements.
Do nothing. In this case no actions will be performed. Emails will be saved in the mailbox and can be accessed by those users with the permission to do so.
Convert to Lead. Letters will be saved in the mailbox and a new lead record will be created in OroCRM.
In order to have an option to Convert to Lead, you need to have a Sales channel activated. Otherwise, this option will not be available on the list of options.
Convert to Case. A new case record will be created in OroCRM based on the email received.
As an example, let us select the Convert To Lead option:
- Once the action has been selected, define which user will own the records and choose the source of your leads in the Source field.
Options in the Source field should be defined in advance. This can be done through the entity manager in System>Entities>Entity Management>Lead>Source.
in the Access management section, define which OroCRM users will have access to the system mailbox. You can select roles and/or specific users. All the users with defined roles and all the specifically defined users will have access to this mailbox.
In the Autoresponse Rules section you can generate one or several auto-response rules. These rules will determine which template is sent to the sender of the email.
- Click Add Rule to add a new Autoresponse rule.
- An Add Autoresponse Rule form will open.
- Define the following settings:
|Status (Active/Inactive)||Only rules with active statuses are applied.|
|Name||Select the name for the rule to be used within the system.|
|Conditions||Define the rules according to which the rule will be applied: 1. In the first selector, choose the field for which the condition is to be set: Body, From, Cc, Bcc. 2. In the second selector, choose the conditions (e.g. contains, does not contain, is equal to, starts with, etc.). 3. In the field besides the selectors, define the values where required. Click the + or +Add button to add another condition for the rule. Click the x button to remove the condition. All conditions are summed up (AND operator).|
|Response template||Choose an email template for autoresponse.|
|Type||Choose if you want to use html or plain text for the email.|
|Translations||If you have more than one language configured in the system, select the necessary translation.|
|Email Template||Enter the subject and content of your email.|
|Save Response As Email Template||Checking the box automatically saves the current email as a template.|
- Click :Add to save the rule.