Configure Product Units¶
In the system configuration, you are in control of the product unit options that apply system-wide. You may:
- Select the rounding algorithm for product units.
- Enable/disable the single unit mode for all products and toggle visibility of the unit code.
- Select the primary unit and its precision.
To update the product unit settings:
Navigate to the system configuration (click System > Configuration in the main menu).
Select Commerce > Product > Product Unit in the menu to the left.
The following page opens.
The following options are available:
- Unit Rounding Type – an algorithm that is used to round the volume specified for this unit (ceil, floor, half down, or half up).
- Single Unit – when enabled, limits the product unit to just one default value and restricts adding new product units.
- Show Unit Code (available only when the Single unit is on) – when enabled, the unit appears next to the requested quantity; when disabled, the unit name is hidden and only quantity is displayed.
- Default Primary Unit – the product unit that is shown by default in the website.
- Default Primary Unit Precision – number of digits after the floating point that limits the Primary unit precision (e.g. 1 for 0.x, 2 for 0.xx, 3 for 0.xxx and so on).
To customize any of these options:
- Clear the Use Default box next to the option.
- Type in the updated quantity.