Create a Record and Edit the Record Pages¶
In order to create a new record of an entity or to update details of the existing record, use the dedicated Create <Entity name> and Edit <Entity name> pages.
Create a Record¶
On the All <Entity name> page (the page with the list of all entity records), click Create <Entity name> on the top right. The Create <Entity name> page opens.
The default list of fields available on the page can be modified by an administrator. For more information, see the description of the Show on Form field in the Entity Field Properties guide.
Fill in all the required information.
Note that mandatory fields are identified with the red asterisk.
Available fields are usually gathered into logical sections. Click the section name to scroll the page to the fields that belong to this section.
Save the new record or discard it.
To save the record, click one of the options in the save menu on the top right:
- Save—Save the changes and stay on the Create <Entity name> page. Use this option if you want to make more changes to the record configuration.
- Save and Close—Save the changes and close the Create <Entity name> page. The record view page opens.
- Save and New—Save the changes and open a new Create <Entity name> page. The blank Create <Entity name> page opens. Use this option if you want to immediately create another record.
To discard the changes, click the Cancel button in the upper-right corner of the page.
Edit a Record¶
To change the properties of a record, use the Create <Entity name> page.
Do one of the following:
- In the grid on the All <Entity name> page (the page with the list of all entity records), choose the entity record you want to edit, click the ellipsis menu at the right-hand end of the corresponding row and then click the Edit icon.
- Open the entity view page and click the Edit button on the top right.
Modify records and save the changes as described in step 2–3 of the Create a Record section.
Some of the fields labels cannot be changed after the record is created, subject to the system requirements.