We’d like to inform our Community of the immediate availability of the maintenance releases of version 1.0.2 for OroCommerce Community Edition (CE) and OroCommerce Enterprise Edition (EE).
These maintenance releases provide application bug fixes and deliver general performance improvements. Read more
We’d like to inform our Community of the immediate availability of the maintenance releases of version 1.0.1 for OroCommerce Community Edition (CE) and OroCommerce Enterprise Edition (EE). Read more
The Oro team is proud to announce the 1.0 release of OroCommerce, the only true B2B eCommerce platform! OroCommerce has been built from the ground up to solve the specific needs of B2B eCommerce and is here to revolutionize commerce.
Disrupting the B2B eCommerce Market
The B2B eCommerce market has exploded – with global sales volumes expected to hit $6.7 trillion USD by 2020. The eCommerce platform market has been unprepared for this tidal wave with no real applications tailored for the B2B space.
Because B2B customers are vastly different than B2C, our flexible platform looks to address complex use cases such as:
- Self-Serve Model – A company or business buyer looks to purchase goods and/or services online, much like buyers would on Amazon Business or Costco.com.
- Buyer-Seller Interaction – The interactions between buyer and seller – like placing orders, sharing pricing information, requesting quotes, and submitting proposals – are managed through online digital processes. This allows employees to work on other critical tasks resulting in increased productivity and efficiency.
- B2B Marketplace – This can be defined as a web site where goods and services can be bought from a wide range of suppliers. Multiple buyers and sellers request multiple offers and bids across various goods and services.
OroCommerce’s current release addresses self-service and buyer-seller interaction scenarios with marketplace features already in development. We are excited to revolutionize Commerce with a flexible platform built from the ground up with B2B-specific features.
Built From the Ground Up for B2B
Our platform includes the most comprehensive set of B2B features that come out-of-the-box. Customers can leverage native features such as:
- Corporate accounts with multiple users, roles and permissions
- Robust workflow engine supporting B2B eCommerce business processes
- Multiple shopping lists management
- Multiple and customizable price lists and personalized catalogues
- Configurable products in webshops
- Seamless management of buyer-seller interaction
- Optimized store front-end for B2B buying experience
- Seamless integration into OroCRM’s customer relationship management solution
- And more
Choose the Offering That Best Fits Your Business
OroCommerce 1.0 is immediately available in two versions, Community Edition (CE) for small emerging businesses and Enterprise Edition (EE) for medium to large enterprises. Compared to Community Edition, Enterprise Edition offers superior product support, enhanced performance and scalability, and access to features required by large, growing organizations. Customers can choose to deploy the Enterprise Edition via on-premise or through the OroCloud.
Learn more about the differences between CE and EE by viewing our Editions page and blog post.
Interested in the Enterprise Edition of OroCommerce 1.0? Contact us to speak with an Oro consultant.
If you’re interested in the free community version, click to download OroCommerce 1.0 CE.
Remember that you can always access our free demo with sample data to get a feel of the product.
We are excited to announce that we now have the first release candidate of OroCommerce available. The new RC 1 version includes the following features and enhancements:
- Workflow engine is basically the cornerstone of businesses processes customization that allows to easily tailor the system to the way your operate your business. We keep making it more flexible and easier to use with every release, and RC 1 is not an exception. We’ve included a few improvements that allowed us to simplify our built-in default workflows and will allow you to simplify any custom workflows that you have.
- Workflow developers can easily replace default operations available in the system UI (this now includes customizing operations in the datagrids ).
- It is now possible to start workflow from a different data entity. This allows to provide truly seamless user experience by moving smoothly from working with one entity to another without any gaps between different parts of you customized business process. It has already been used to simplify starting the checkout process on the store frontend.
- You now can control user’s ability to access specific workflows in the role permission management.
Catalog and Navigation:
- A new web content management tool has been introduced to allow for building highly personalized custom versions of your websites by mixing in category pages, product pages, landing pages and pre-existing system pages in different variations based on the customer account information, their customer group or language preference.
- Main navigation has been updated to both utilize the recently introduced generalized approach to building and controlling navigation menus, and to incorporate the web content structure into the customer navigation experience.
- Product view page now includes an improved image gallery, zoom and lightbox functionality.
- Quote request page has been updated to use styling similar to other pages.
- Product view has been refactored to allow for easier customization by theme developers whose preference is to start with the blank theme.
- We’ve successfully upgraded to FontAwesome 4.7 – it is no longer necessary to dig through multiple versions of icons. And you also have a great opportunity to see the latest and greatest improvements that come with Bootstrap 4.
- We’ve significantly simplified default theme templates by removing browser agent based instructions and replacing them with more flexible and truly responsive approach to build the page layouts.
- As a developer you now can easily customize the look and feel of the product listing and product view pages based on the product type and product family information, and using the category association data.
- The new default handler for AJAX requests provides better, undeterred customer experience of dealing with unexpected store frontend issues, while providing the necessary levels of debug details to developers in the development environment.
- OroCommerce now offers even more flexibility through configuration. Similar to the shipping rules engine that was released a few months ago, you can now use the payment rules engine which operates using the same principles. You can configure and fine tune the availability of payment options based on the customer and customer group attributes, the billing address selected by the customer, and the contents of the customer’s order, all of which can be included in the rule.
Public Demo Update:
- As you can see demo.orocommerce.com has been freshened up, and we are planning to add even more sample data within the next couple of weeks so that you can check with ease all the great features that OroCommerce provides out of the box.
We have also included a few dozen of small bug fixes and miscellaneous improvements into this release.
Please follow these instructions to install the application or try the OroCommerce public demo.
If you are upgrading from the previous release, please run composer update and php app/console oro:platform:update after you have downloaded the new version.
Please note, that if you are upgrading from Beta 4 (or earlier releases) you have to run php app/console oro:platform:upgrade20 command instead of the usual oro:platform:update, as some additional upgrade actions need to be performed this time.
Join our community and become a part of the B2B e-Commerce revolution!
OroCommerce is built from the ground up as an application tailored specifically for the needs and demands of B2B eCommerce. It accommodates a vast collection of features for streamlining business processes and workflows that are user-friendly for both the buyer and vendor. With the launch of OroCommerce coming soon, we’re informing our community of the new capabilities implemented in the major product release. Following our post on the enhanced search functionality, in today’s blog we’ll highlight configurable products, one of the most important features that allows business owners to deliver their clients a better B2B eCommerce customer experience. Read more